Recipe by Chef Kendall Mitchell
- 1 pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 lrg Cucumber, seeded and sliced
- ½ sm Watermelon, cut into ½ in. cubes
- 1 cp Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ cp Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients (except Salt and Pepper) to large mixing bowl.
- Toss and season salad to taste. Chill and serve.
Yield: Serves 4
Suggestions: *Tomatoes, Cucumber and Watermelon can be cut to desired size. In this recipe, I’ve cut all the ingredients to relatively the same size. *Recipe can be made with English/ Hothouse cucumber. *Also, try substituting Tarragon for the Basil – interesting twist.
Warning! Seed/ Nut Allergies – Recipe contains oil extracted from sesame seeds.