Recipe created by Chef Kendall Mitchell
- 2 cps fresh Strawberries, chopped
- 1 cp Haas Avocado, chopped
- 2 Tbsps Cilantro (fresh), minced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Juice of ½ Lime, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp honey or brown sugar (optional)
- Add all chopped ingredients to a mdm mixing bowl. Note: Chop ingredients to desired size.
- Add juice from the lime and honey/ brown sugar. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to rest for 10 mins. Chill for service or serve room temperature with your favorite tortilla chip. Enjoy!
Yield: about 2 ½ cups
Suggestions: * For more heat, leave seeds and ribs in jalapeños. *Serve as an accompaniment to grilled salmon or shrimp. * Try this salsa with other fruits (e.g. mango, peach or pineapple) – sweet-tart fruits pair well with the richness of the avocado. *Note: If not being used right away, please cover and refrigerate.