Recipe by Chef Kendall Mitchell
- 1 cp Apple Cider or White Vinegar
- 1/2 cp Honey
- 1/4 cp Water
- 3 Tbsp Pickling Spice
- Vegetable of choice: Whole Green Beans, Frenched or Sliced Red Onion, Sliced Radishes, etc.
- Make the Brine: Combine vinegar, water, honey and spices in small saucepan and bring to a boil, over mdm-high heat. Note: Be sure to make enough brine to cover the amount of vegetables you choose to pickle.
- Prep the Veg: Cut vegetables as desired. Add vegetable of choice to large, heat-proof bowl.
- Pour hot vinegar over vegetables making sure to fully submerge.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate and enjoy for up to 1 week.
Suggestions: *Pickling spice blends can be purchased from your local market. *Be adventurous and try making your own with your favorite spices. For sweet and earthy – try cinnamon or allspice. For more spice – try red pepper flake or ginger… even curry. Enjoy!