Recipe by Chef Kendall Mitchell
- 8 whole Eggs, beaten
- ¼ cp whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ lb fresh Asparagus, cut in ½ inch pieces
- ½ cp Yellow Onion, chopped
- ½ cp Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 8 oz Smoked Salmon, bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh Dill or Chives, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk. Mix together completely. Season and set aside.
- To a large (12-14 in.) oven-proof sauté pan, over mdm-high heat, add olive oil, asparagus, onion and bell pepper. Sauté until onion is translucent (approx 3-4 mins). Take care not to over brown.
- Add salmon and sauté for 2 minutes more, heating the salmon through.
- Finally, add egg mixture and herbs to the pan. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, gently stirring occasionally, until just about set (approx 4-5 mins). Note: Mixture will be slightly wet on top.
- Allow to cook another 4 minutes undisturbed. DO NOT stir during this time interval.
- Once time has elapsed, transfer the pan to the broiler. Place under broiler until the top of the frittata is golden brown (less than 2 mins). Take care not to over brown.
- Remove frittata from the broiler and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve as wedges.
Yield: Serves 4-6
Suggestions: *Make a variety of flavors – Add your favorite ingredients and herbs. *Serve for breakfast or brunch, lunch or dinner with a green salad. Enjoy!